Any established product becomes obsolete in due course of time. Such a product catalyzes product support and upgrades. This catalysis is difficult and expensive. The solution is to build a product for a wide segment of potential clients. Consequently, several business owners aim migration of their products to a mainstream technology and new platform.
To help organizations attain their business goals, we capitalize on our extensive experience of application re-engineering. Bhavna has a proven re-engineering methodology that appraises the investments in legacy systems by carefully analyzing the legacy application set and business logic, and then mining with a tool-based approach. Our re-engineering methodology comprises data migration, technology migration system using tool-based reverse engineering, and forward engineering.
All these ensure a smooth transition process.
• Migration to new software delivery model (such as Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (Paas), and Delivery over cloud)
• Technology and user interface upgrade
• Porting and data migration
• Legacy systems and application re-engineering
• Enterprise application integration
• Code re-structuring
• Platform transitions
• Language conversion
• Business problems with the current mode of operation
• Future business goals post migration
• Procedures catered by the re-engineered application
• Stakeholders’ opinion about the advantages from the effort
Implementation: How we want to proceed and start with the implementation
• Assessment of the product to be migrated
• Knowledge transfer
• Research on the platform and technology to be supported and technology selection
• Research of data domain and creation of detailed specifications for the project
• System planning (selection of architecture, creation of interaction protocols, and technical specifications for separate modules) and prototyping
• System implementation (system specifications, construction, and QA)
• Creation of project documentation (system architecture description and source code detailed description – in addition to built-in comments in code)
• New system optimization and tuning
The initial step is to complete the pre-migration assessment. Then, the team works on the specification with a broad software development approach and methodology to deliver the product.