Software Test Engineer - Databases, Noida:
The Test Engineer will be responsible for testing software products through the use of manual and automated tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards. He/she will develop, modify, and execute software test plans as well as analyse and write test scenarios.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Closely partners with the Developers at the onset of a project, to develop product requirements, test specifications, and build test cases to rigorously test product functionality.
- Performs analysis on applications/stories, writes manual and/or automated test plans and executes on test suites.
- Reviews and provides input on the accuracy, clarity and testability of requirements; asks questions to improve software design.
- Perform database testing on large production databases.
- Create and manage suites of database oriented test scripts.
- Communicates and escalates issues and status to team and management in a timely manner
- Works with cross-functional teams and interacts with internal and external stake holders (client) to verify/clarify business requirements and design decisions.
- Actively participate in test automation initiatives
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Understanding of Test methodologies and STLC concepts
- Experience creating testing documents - Test Plan/ Test Cases, Test Data sheet, Test Reports
- Experience with an automated testing tool Selenium.
- Must have hands-on experience in SQL and DB testing for SQL Server (2008/2014) /Oracle/Vertica.
- Must have hands-on experience in writing complex SQL Queries.
- Good knowledge of profiling and performance testing of large databases.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a project team in a cooperative effort
- Exposure to AGILE concepts
- Awareness of QA processes like acceptance criteria, test planning, test case execution, automation testing etc.
- Awareness of QA tools like qTest, JIRA, Bugzilla etc.
Good to Have:
- Working knowledge of basic programming techniques (looping and control statements) and OOPS concepts.
- Working experience in C# / Java / Java Script
- Awareness of revision control systems like Git, SVN, TFS etc.
- Strong team player, makes a valuable contribution to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding, accepts constructive feedback, and handles confrontation constructively.
B.E. / B.Tech / MCA – full time from a recognised University
Post-Graduation is preferred
2 – 4 years
Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org